Recognizing the power of education to change lives, Calgary Foundation provides financial support to help students achieve their goals through numerous scholarships, awards and bursaries established by generous donors. Support is provided through over 200 Student Award Funds that provide over 500 awards annually at post-secondaries locally, provincially and across the country.
Several of these awards are memorial and legacy awards, honoring the lives and accomplishments of individuals. Others are provided by service clubs such as the Kinsmen, Rotary, Progress, Optimist and Fogolâr Furlan di Calgary to recognize commitment to leadership, culture and community.
While the majority of student awards are awarded directly by various educational institutions, Calgary Foundation also administers its own awards. Most of these awards are for students graduating from Calgary and area high schools and/or attending Alberta post-secondary institutions.
- High school students, for entrance to post-secondary.
- Undergraduate students, varying areas of interest and study.
- Graduate students, varying areas of interest and study.
- Athletic awards – including dance, sailing, and hockey.
- Unique Awards – for writers, youth from care, and immigrant women.
A brochure listing all Students Awards is available for download HERE.
Interested in learning more about establishing a student award? Please connect with Jessica Zutz, Director, Awards Program.