Impact Investments provide debt financing to Calgary and area charitable organizations working in all parts of the community.
A Calgary Foundation Impact Investment can…
Read the guidelines below for more information about the process and contact the Calgary Foundation’s Community Investment Associate to discuss your investment opportunity.
Investments to Date:
- The Jack Long Foundation (JLF) used mortgage financing of $150,000 to purchase land from the City of Calgary to build Elderhouse, an affordable seniors living facility.
- Inn from the Cold Society (IFTC) used mortgage financing of $1.5M to purchase an 11-unit apartment building to expand its Journey House program. Journey House helps families transition from the organization’s emergency shelter into affordable housing.
- Autism Aspergers Friendship Society of Calgary (AAFS) borrowed $175,000 to train staff to implement new software to help autistic adults with daily independent living activities.
- The Kahanoff Centre for Charitable Activities (KCCA) built a second tower which doubles the amount of space KCCA is able to offer. KCCA approached its shareholder, the Calgary Foundation, to guarantee construction ($32.3M) and takeout financing ($37.5M) and to provide a $5.0M loan to aid in the expansion.
- cSPACE transforms the 100 year-old sandstone King Edward School into a 21st Century hub for creativity. Impact Investing enabled cSPACE’s purchase of the school and its grounds with mortgage financing of $8.0M.
KCCA second tower & King Edward School – cSPACE transformation