A Directory of Calgary Charities and Non-Profits
Connecting our community to hundreds of Calgary charities and nonprofits, making it easy to support the causes you care about most.
Calgary Foundation’s Community Knowledge Centre (CKC) is a digital philanthropy hub to learn about registered charities and nonprofits that serve our community. Organizations upload their current needs, projects and initiatives and highlight how your support will help to address the greatest needs in our community. Search the CKC directory by cause, organization type, or population served, to easily find organizations that align with your interests
For organizations, membership is open to both registered charities and nonprofits who directly serve the Calgary and area community. Want to list your charity or nonprofit in our Directory? When you create a profile and start showing on our Calgary charity and nonprofit directory, you also get a free membership that gives you access to the Member’s Corner.
Improved Search: A robust search engine function and refined search mechanism to allow for meaningful results and filtering in both the directory and the Member’s Corner.
Refreshed Look: The new website incorporates the Foundation’s new brand fonts and colours.
CKC Member Profiles: Changes to existing profiles include:
- A progress bar to track fundraising goal
- Condensed profiles that highlight the organization’s most pressing needs
- Simplified profile views to enable easy browsing and donating
- A link to DonorCentral for Calgary Foundation Fundholders to login
- Profiles will no longer have a section for board member lists, photo albums, videos, or links to social media
Directory Structure: The old directory structured mirrored the Foundation’s Vital Priorities and has been replaced with a directory structure that is easier for visitors to understand and filter. You can now search by issue area, organization type (charity/non-profit/Black-led/Indigenous-led), and by population served.
Non-profit membership: Recognizing the important work that grassroots and non-profit organization do in our community, CKC membership will now be open to both registered charities and non-profits.
Issue Area spotlight: Embedded in the directory, there is now an option to spotlight a specific area of interest for awareness days and months or urgent needs that pop-up in the community. Ex: Domestic violence prevention month, Mental Health week, Indigenous History Month, etc.
Members’ Corner: This section on the backend of the website is login-based and strictly for CKC members to access. There are three sections:
- Resource Library of capacity building content for charities and non-profits from Equity and Anti-Racism to Fundraising.
- Discussion forums for the charitable and nonprofit communities to connect and share.
- Calgary Foundation news page where members can see what’s on at Calgary Foundation such as events, webinars, workshops, initiatives, granting deadlines, other funding opportunities, etc.
Recognizing the important work that grassroots and non-profit organizations do in our community, CKC membership will now be open to both registered charities and non-profits that directly service Calgary and area.
NEW! CKC also has specific categories for Indigenous-led and Black-led organizations.
- Exclusive CKC members-only Members’ Corner with hundreds of resources, forums to connect with other members and ask questions, and a Calgary Foundation news section.
- Discover opportunities for collaboration and partnerships within the sector.
- Increase your marketing and communication skills through specialized workshops and events.
Profiles are now shortened to showcase only your organization’s most pressing needs, with a progress bar to track towards your fundraising goal.
Please refer to the How to update your CKC profile guide to make the most of your new and improved CKC profile.