Calgary Foundation’s Community Knowledge Centre (CKC) website connects you to the outstanding organizations who serve our community.
In June 2021, the website was reimagined to better serve charitable and nonprofit members and donors looking to support causes they care about. Learn more about the changes here.
Work for a charity OR nonprofit that serves Calgary and area? Profile your current needs on CKC!
Improved Search: A robust search engine function and refined search mechanism to allow for meaningful results and filtering in both the directory and the Member’s Corner.
Refreshed Look: The new website incorporates the Foundation’s new brand fonts and colours.
CKC Member Profiles: Changes to existing profiles include:
- A progress bar to track fundraising goal
- Condensed profiles that highlight the organization’s most pressing needs
- Simplified profile views to enable easy browsing and donating
- A link to DonorCentral for Calgary Foundation Fundholders to login
- Profiles will no longer have a section for board member lists, photo albums, videos, or links to social media
Directory Structure: The old directory structured mirrored the Foundation’s Vital Priorities and has been replaced with a directory structure that is easier for visitors to understand and filter. You can now search by issue area, organization type (charity/non-profit/Black-led/Indigenous-led), and by population served.
Non-profit membership: Recognizing the important work that grassroots and non-profit organization do in our community, CKC membership will now be open to both registered charities and non-profits.
Issue Area spotlight: Embedded in the directory, there is now an option to spotlight a specific area of interest for awareness days and months or urgent needs that pop-up in the community. Ex: Domestic violence prevention month, Mental Health week, Indigenous History Month, etc.
Members’ Corner: This section on the backend of the website is login-based and strictly for CKC members to access. There are three sections:
- Resource Library of capacity building content for charities and non-profits from Equity and Anti-Racism to Fundraising.
- Discussion forums for the charitable and nonprofit communities to connect and share.
- Calgary Foundation news page where members can see what’s on at Calgary Foundation such as events, webinars, workshops, initiatives, granting deadlines, other funding opportunities, etc.
Recognizing the important work that grassroots and non-profit organizations do in our community, CKC membership will now be open to both registered charities and non-profits that directly service Calgary and area.
NEW! CKC also has specific categories for Indigenous-led and Black-led organizations.
- Explore the exclusive CKC members-only Members’ Corner with hundreds of resources, forums to connect with other members and ask questions, and a Calgary Foundation news section.
- Discover opportunities for collaboration and partnerships within the sector
- Increase your marketing and communication skills through specialized workshops and events
Profiles are now shortened to showcase only your organization’s most pressing needs, with a progress bar to track towards your fundraising goal. Please refer to the How to update your CKC profile guide to make the most of your new and improved CKC profile.