Neighbour Grants offers up to $5,000 to support resident-led projects that help create and strengthen the ordinary bonds of neighbourliness.
To qualify for a Neighbour Grant:
- Registered charities must use a community development approach and have meaningful project leadership roles for grassroots people from the project community.
- If your group is not a registered charity, call us to discuss grant options.
Fill out and submit your application:
- Use the Application Form template below. Fill it in and save it, then email it to us at the address provided on the form. Or print it and get it to us by fax or ground mail. Applications must arrive by the date and time listed for that deadline.
Grant Request Process at a Glance
We accept applications in early spring, summer, fall, and winter. Plus we have our special ‘Pitch Night’ program that accepts applications in late winter/early spring. Check “Next Deadlines” below to see if we’ve got the precise deadlines posted.
Julie Black, Citizen Engagement Associate | 403-802-7720
Use the Application Form template below. Fill it in and save it, then email it to us at the address provided on the form. Or print it and get it to us by fax or ground mail. Make sure you make the deadline listed. And if you want us to review it first, please contact us to see when you’d need to submit it by.
- December 17, 2018 by 4 PM – with results announced mid-January, 2019
- Then we switch focus to our Pitch Night: Neighbour Grants LIVE program. For details, look here.
- Regular Neighbour Grants resumes in late April 2019, with three more opportunities to apply in 2019. Exact dates to be announced here in early 2019.
Want to learn more about this kind of grassroots community development? Connect with the local network CDLI.