The Future Focus Granting Program is a pilot program developed in collaboration with and funded by three partners: Calgary Arts Development, the Rozsa Foundation and the Calgary Foundation.
The program is aimed at supporting arts organizations to investigate, plan, and implement strategic adaptations in their operations to build capacity, strengthen business models, explore new directions, examine structural change and address life cycle questions. Organizations will be asked to speak to how equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility are embedded into this work.
This work may incorporate issues relating to:
- organizational strategy development and planning
- business model evaluation and shifts
- sustained inter-organizational collaborations
- succession planning to transition from founding & longstanding leaders
- explorations of mergers and closures
There is $400,000 available and applications will be accepted until the funds are expended.
Who Can Apply
- Calgary-based arts organizations who are registered charities or not-for-profits, or arts-based organizations who have comparable organizational structures.
- Organizations cannot be receiving project support from any of the three partner funders individually for the same work.
What Can You Apply For
Grant amounts available are based on the nature of the work to be undertaken.
- Exploration Phase (identification of needs, initial development, project planning): Funding request generally up to $15,000
- Implementation Phase: Funding request generally up to $25,000
How to Apply
Organizations interested in this program must meet with a team member of one of the granting organizations to discuss their eligibility for the program and intended activities. If the proposal is eligible, the funder representative will work with the applicant to determine the necessary application requirements and provide access to the online form.
Applications will be reviewed monthly.
Apply by February 6, 2023.
Book to discuss your eligibility and application next steps.