The Future Focus Program is now open.
This program is aimed at providing funding for organizations to deeply explore questions about their ongoing viability and sustainability, and to access the expertise required to address these questions. This funding is not intended to support program delivery. The Future Focus Program is intended to support arts organizations to investigate, plan, and implement strategic adaptions related to:
- organizational strategy development and planning
- business model evaluation and shifts
- sustained inter-organizational collaborations
- succession planning to transition from founding & longstanding leaders
- life-cycle change including mergers and closures
Who Can Apply
- Calgary-based arts organizations who are registered charities or not-for-profits, or arts-based organizations who have comparable organizational structures.
- Indigenous-led and Indigenous-centered arts organizations operating in the Treaty 7 region.
- Organizations cannot be receiving project support from any of the three partner funders individually for the same work.
- Priority will be given to organizations led by and serving equity-deserving artists and communities.
What Can You Apply For
Grant amounts available are based on the nature of the work to be undertaken.
- Exploration Phase (identification of needs, initial development, project planning): Funding request generally up to $15,000
- Implementation Phase (building upon exploration phase or previous related work): Funding request generally up to $25,000
How to Apply
Organizations interested in this program must meet with a team member of one of the granting organizations to discuss their eligibility for the program and intended activities. If the proposal is eligible, the funder representative will work with the applicant to determine the necessary application requirements and provide access to the online form. Organizations only need to meet with one of the below representatives. The funder representatives will consult with each other as needed to determine alignment with program goals.
Applications will be reviewed shortly after each intake deadline. Apply by September 29, 2023, and November 24, 2023.
Have questions? Please contact Brigitte von Rothemburg