Calgary Foundation (CF) is responsible for all personal information in its custody and under its control. This includes employee and donor information.
1. The President is the individual designated to ensure CF remains in compliance with this policy.
2. Personal information will be obtained only for reasonable purposes and only as much as is reasonable for those purposes.
3. Personal information will be disclosed or used only for reasonable purposes and those purposes will be shared with the individual prior to disclosure or use.
4. Consent will be implied unless the individual expressly prohibits the use of information for the disclosure and use shared by CF.
5. Occasionally, individuals or organizations may request to see what information about themselves CF has gathered. In that event, CF will provide information about the existence, use or disclosure of the information and provide access to that information, if reasonable.
6. CF will make every reasonable effort to maintain accurate information and will, on request, correct information that is inaccurate.
7. CF will make every reasonable effort to ensure personal information is secure and keep the information only as long as is reasonable.