Youth Council introduces young Calgarians to current issues facing our communities. This program infuses fresh ideas and new voices into our work.
Our Youth Council is comprised of high school and university students aged 13-20 (with flexibility). Each year, council focuses on a self selected topic. The group meets 10-12 times throughout the school year, typically on weekday evenings.
Through participation youth will:
- Learn about Calgary Foundation’s role in our community
- Learn about our Vital Priorities, through a review of our annual Vital Signs report
- Choose a topic to explore and meet with local charities that work in that sector
- Provide input and advice to the Calgary Foundation to ensure our work remains relevant to youth
- When desired, Calgary Foundation will support the youth to develop an “action” – an activity related to the topic that they can implement within their own community
We are always welcoming new members. No application required.