Are you working to make an impact?
The Investment Readiness Program could help get you there.
Social purpose organizations are key levers in helping create more resilient, equitable and sustainable communities. Across Canada, they are operating at many different stages of development. The IRP is designed to help social purpose organizations build their readiness to receive investment. Community Foundations of Canada is one of five national organizations delivering the Investment Readiness Program, with support from the Government of Canada. Learn more here.
IRP Alberta is a partnership of the Calgary Foundation, the Edmonton Community Foundation and the Alberta Social Innovation Ecosystem Project on behalf of Community Foundations Canada and the Government of Canada to deliver the program on a local level.
The application portal is now open until February 10th.
Eligible organizations could receive non-repayable capital to develop their enterprise towards investment readiness.
The application portal will be open for the first round of applications on January 8th and will be open until February 10th.
There will be additional application rounds announced between now and March 2021.
You can apply if you are a…
- For-profit social enterprise
…and have an idea or an existing project that fits the definition of a social enterprise, you may be eligible.
- A non-profit that employs people facing barriers to employment to perform eco-friendly home retrofits
- A charity that runs a catering service and provides culinary training for at-risk youth
- A co-op that offers affordable laundry and delivery service while giving work experience to people living in poverty
- A business that helps local farmers sell their crops and products to consumers at a fair price
- A store that offers local artisans credit to purchase food in exchange for their crafts
Activities that are eligible for non-repayable capital can include, but are not limited to:
- Business planning
- Viability studies
- Accounting services
- Legal services
- Marketing and branding planning
- Financial modelling
- Impact measurement design
The funds are not eligible for use towards core operating costs. They should move your enterprise forward along the spectrum from idea to investment-ready.