Small grants, ranging from $100 to $600, to encourage active citizenship by helping residents undertake small, creative project that benefit their local community.
Applications are accepted from individual organizers, neighbourhood groups and charitable organizations.
Stepping Stones is a unique and innovative partnership between the
Calgary Foundation and First Calgary Financial.
Stepping Stones supports projects that:
- Encourage Calgarians to become more involved
in their local neighbourhoods and communities
- Build on participants' interests, concerns and
- Welcome and involve a diversity of people and
- Take people's ideas into action
- Demonstrate and develop local leadership
- Create new opportunities
What is the
Application Process and Guidelines
- Applications due by midnight of the 1st
of every month.
- Applicants can expect to be contacted within
three weeks with follow-up questions and then the results.
- Please allow at least six
weeks between the application due date and your project
event/activity to allow for the grant decision and subsequent paperwork.
- Stepping Stones cannot provide support for
projects that have occurred before the granting decision
- Stepping Stones helps with expenses that
support community involvement. Items such as room rental, refreshments,
arts supplies, sound equipment rental, for example, could qualify. It is
unlikely that Stepping Stones would cover salary, equipment that could be
borrowed or items that could be donated by other sources.
- It is unlikely that Stepping Stones would help
with block parties or other purely social events or fundraisers unless
they have a clear plan to create further opportunities for the
neighbourhood or community.
- In order to
respond fairly to neighbourhoods and communities, Stepping Stones cannot
support projects that are receiving grants from The Calgary Foundation’s
partner grassroots granting programs (Calgary Dollars' Take Action Grants and
Northern Lights Small Grants Initiative).
projects in any neighbourhood with their own dedicated granting programs – such
as Bowness’ Ripples grant – we ask that you tap into those dedicated resources
first, or as well, depending upon project size.
RECENT PROJECTS SUPPORTED BY STEPPING STONES
STEPPING STONES APPLICATION FORM